Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes


"If you stand in front of a mirror and say 'pumpkin spice latte' three times, a white girl will appear and tell you everything she loves about fall." That is a joke Casey told me today. He said it instantly reminded him of me. Which does not surprise me cause I love Fall!! Pumpkin everything!! My mom emailed me a recipe for pumpkin cake, that called for one box of yellow cake mix and a can of pumpkin puree. We don't really like cake around here, so I took that recipe, made it my own and made 18 delicious cupcakes!


Ingredients:
1 box of Spice Cake Mix
1 can of Pumpkin Puree
3 Eggs
1/3 cup Vegetable/Canola Oil
1/3 cup water


Optional:
Cream Cheese Frosting
Cinnamon 

Preheat oven to 350 degrees!

First, blend Cake Mix, Puree, Eggs, Oil and Water with a beater until well blended. The mixture smells so good and takes just like Pumpkin Pie!

Next, take a cupcake pan and put your liners in it. Fill the cupcake liners about 2/3 full.


Place in oven and bake for 15-18 minutes! Check at 15!


They are really awesome looking when you take them out of the oven. Allow them to cool, then frost them with the cream cheese frosting. You can either sprinkle the cinnamon over the cream cheese or you can mix the cinnamon into the container. Either way, it comes out delicious and moist! I guess all this just proves how much of a white girl I am!

1 comment: